Sat, Mar 11|
The Tarot (And How to Use It in Your Writing)
Time & Location
Mar 11, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST
Raleigh, 4101 Doie Cope Rd, Raleigh, NC 27613, USA
About the Event
Learn the history of the tarot, a way of gathering psychic information through the use of cards.
- How do tarot readers do their job? What kind of questions do they get? Where can you find a reader?
- What types of decks are available today, and how are they different from the classic "Rider-Waite" deck one usually sees in movies?
- What do the more flamboyant cards mean, plus the ones that are likely to show up in a romance?
- Is there meaning to the order of the cards?
- What kind of card spreads would your character use?
- Are there ways to use the cards to help in book plotting or character building?
Discover all this and more!
NOTE: The meeting will be held live at ECPI and online via Zoom. A recording will be available for one week.
Chapter members: Free. No registration required.
Nonmembers: $12.50. Register: https://hcrw-2023-03.eventbrite.com
When you think of strong women and strange worlds, think Carol A. Strickland.
Although born in a small town in Illinois noted for its Nineteenth Century demonic possession cases, Carol claims that all those voices inside her head are a result of having stories to tell and books to write. Even so, her strange devotion to and study of Wonder Woman would seem to indicate an abby-normal brain.
A one-time comics letterhack and outspoken member of various comics message boards, Carol has found herself the basis for two comic book villains (at times her opinions have not been taken well by the books' creators) (both villains were soundly thrashed) (and both, for some perverse reason, were male) and had one superhero wear her costume design. (Light Lass of the Legion of Super-Heroes!)
This past year Carol has been certified in tarot reading by famed New Age guru Radleigh Valentine as well as Hay House, a process that took one heck of a long time to accomplish. Now retired from Adam & Eve, Carol is also trying to operate an art business, a tarot business, and has published nine books, one of which is nonfiction. It's about Wonder Woman, of course. Her current major goal is to maybe make a profit from writing instead of spending it all on Amazon Ads.